|We follow client centric counselling|
- Building rapport and addressing emotional issues.
- Providing non-judgmental and empathetic listening
- Helping other to recover self-esteem
- Assisting to resolve confusion, get clarity and rationality of the situation
- Exploring alternative options and discussing their consequences.
- Strengthening confidence to regain independence in decision making.
- Generally, we have face-to-face sessions where counsellor and counselee get an opportunity to understand each other better.
- We also offer distance counselling via telephone or Internet in certain extra ordinary situations.
Our counsellors give full attention and support to the counsellees in one-to one sessions within the privacy of a counselling room. The safe and comfortable atmosphere thus created helps the counsellor build up a rapport with the counsellee. This provides an opportunity for the counsellee to ventilate, discuss, reflect, and understand issues in a relaxed, confidential, and non-judgemental atmosphere.
Marital/live-in relationships can be tumultuous. Our counsellors take joint sessions or individual sessions depending on the persons and the issues to be dealt with. Gradually a conducive atmosphere is built to provide a common platform for communication to help the couple to make their decision.
Inter personal relationships in a family are multi-dimensional. This can lead to conflicting issues resulting in stresses and strains affecting all the family members.
We in Sneha, create an opportunity for each member to express and address his/her feelings and encourage the group to resolve their differences together.
Sneha networks with other help lines in the city. In cases out side the domain of a lay counsellor, the caller is referred to the appropriate professional services.