Sneha Society for Counselling is a voluntary organisation of individuals that helps people share feelings of emotional distress, without fear of being judged.
Talking will allow you to find
ways to cope and move on.
Sneha Society for Counselling is registered under
the Societies Registration Act 1960. Sneha is a
non-political, non-religious, voluntary organisation
where the services are free and confidential.
Our volunteer counsellors are drawn from different walks of life and trained in lay counselling
is to have a
people have the
opportunity to be
listened to, when
Make Mental and Emotional Health a
priority. To provide emotional support
with confidentiality to people who are
experiencing feelings of distress or despair
and help the counselee explore and find
the best option to resolve issues.
It is our strong belief that a person
has sufficient positive energy in
him/her to face challenges in life.
We at Sneha empower them to
recognise their inner strengths to
deal with their issues.
We, at Sneha, believe that 'listening' in confidence and without prejudice can lighten distress and despair.
- Maintain Confidentiality
- Listen Empathically
- Accept the person as he or she is
- Non-judgmental Understanding
- Non Directive
- Self Empowerment
Seeing a counsellor is not a sign of weakness
and it is certainly not good to suffer in silence.
Everyone experiences stress at some point or other. Relationships with a partner, parents, children, friends, coworkers, lack of confidence, low self esteem, feeling low consistently and constantly, anxiety at workplace, academic issues - each of these is a challenge.
Our counselors give full attention and support to the counselees in one-to one personal counselling, couple counseling and family counselling. This provides an opportunity for the counselee to vent feelings on issues in a relaxed, confidential, and non-judgmental atmosphere
When do we need to see a counselor? Some sure signs:
- You can't explain your feelings.
- You have a trauma that you can't get over.
- You're arguing without resolution in your relationship.
- You feel dependant.
- You can't talk to your loved ones.
- Your usual coping skills are failing you.
- You take all the blame.
- You're oversensitive.
- You fear the worst.
- You just need to talk.
We at Sneha also give referral services as and when required.
Dates - 7th November to 17th November 2019
- Monday to Friday- 5:30 to7:30pm
- Saturday- 4 to 7.30 pm
- Sunday - 10am to 4pm
- Registration fee - ₹6000/-.
- Venue - Hymamshu Jyoti Kala Peetha, Malleswaram.
There are no prequalifications required to participate in this.
Call us on 93421 33520, 93425 05975, 98455 60209 for more information.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO
We work actively towards being facilitators of mental wellness. We help people understand the importance of emotional well being and the role of counselling for emotional support in life adjustment. This requires continuous training and being part of outreach programmes that help us better ourselves, so we can be there for you.
- Conducting training programs to develop counselling skills for prospective counsellors
- Helping people with training for self growth.
- Organising seminars on mental health.
- Conducting workshops in schools and colleges custom built to their needs.
- Training students in basic skill of counselling as part of their credit course.
- Providing interactive sessions for parents and teachers.
- Yes, I did it!
- I will do it.
- I can do it.
- I’ll try to do it.
- How do I do it?
- I want to do it.
- I can’t do it.
- I won’t do it.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU.
We help you draw on your inner power,
when you are lost, confused or disturbed.